Sunday, June 13, 2010

Review: Epistick


so i was shopping on prettyandcute.com the oher day and came across this thing called an Epistick which was supposed to remove your facial hairs, kinda like waxing/tweezing. i didn't buy it immediately cuz i didn't know if it was one of those stupid gadgets that don't work. anyway after reading a few reviews on it i decided to get it, but it was no longer available on prettyandcute.com so i just purchased it off ebay...for like 2 bucks total...including shipping LoL...seriously how do they make money...i'm not sure if it's the "real" thing or just some immitation (probably is) but i couldn't find any that was priced realistically expensive to make me think it was the authentic epistick.

anyway...the little spring with knobs actually work to remove facial hair!!! i'm so sick of those really tiny face fuzz on my face...everyone has it...if u look really closely under natural light, you'll see these light peach fuzz on your cheeks, forehead etc....and i purchased this for that reason...to remove the peach fuzz. you can use this to remove your upper lip hair no problem as well... anyway...i have pretty high pain tolerance when it comes to hair removal...i literally teared up the first time i plucked my eyebrows...then i got used to it...time to time i'd wax the upper lip if i felt like it and doesn't hurt too bad...i've even gotten brazilian waxes before and withstood that pain. the epistick is like little ant bites on ur face...you do have to get it against the direction of hair growth though (as with most waxin)...so it can be a challenge since its hard to determine which direction these stupid peach fuzz grows but eventually i got the hang of it...why do i want to get rid of the fuzz? i dunno my reasoning to it was if i can pull out the hair, then that will be one pore that can potential shrink up (with proper products) since there's no hair shaft sitting inside of it...and if i can somehow shrink it up then there will be less oil production!!!!! so it was for the sake of tryin to minimize oilines!! anyway...i stood there for about 20 minutes rotatin the knob of the epistick... have to be careful you don't accidnetally pull out ur hair around the forehead or your eyebrows >< anyway...the results: it does pull hte fuzz out...but it leaves you with like inflammed hair follicles...kinda like right after you get a brazilian/bikini wax? you get these red bumps where the follicle was...kind of annoying... it's like my pores are getting used to the lack of hair shaft in them and decide to fill up with bacteria and become little fluid bumps... i'm sure some salicylic acid or other topical agent can make it better in time those follicles will get used to the friction of the epistick and won't have such a reaction afterwards...

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Replying to your cbox comment :D

    I also thought Medium was really dark when I first opened it, but after blending, it really does melt into my skin tone. I do think I could go a shade lighter but only because I use whitening products so my face is lighter than my neck/chest XD

    As for the MAC shade, I wrote a blog post ranting about this LOL :P I got matched as an NC40, which I think is TOTALLY wrong. Too dark and orange but the MUA insisted I was NC40. I never got matched again after that because I wasn't really interested in getting any of their foundations, but if I had to guess, I think I'm NC25-30 at the most. Sorry I'm not totally sure :( For MSFN I use Medium though!

    Aw, and I tried the epistick and it totally did not work for me... barely pulled out any of my hairs AND was painful LOL >_<

    ReplyDelete